The original lodge was built around 1920 for use by the Palisades Park personnel during the construction of Harriman State Park.   About 1921, Major Welch approached Thendara Mountain Club, known then as the NY Section of the Green Mountain Club and offered them a lease.   We have leased the building ever since.  

The building consists of a main lodge room with a large stone fireplace at one end.  The east facing portion of the building is a screen porch overlooking Lake Tiorati.   Either side of the main room contains bedrooms that can sleep 17 persons.  A large kitchen, office and two washrooms round out the main floor.   The basement contains a workroom and utilities.