- Download 107
- File Size 1.55 MB
- File Count 1
- Create Date February 5, 2015
- Last Updated February 5, 2015
Harriman Park Firewood Map
Don't Move Firewood! Regulations in Effect
By transporting firewood, you could be spreading diseases and invasive insects that can quickly kill large numbers of trees. New York State has several counties with known forest pest infestations, and if firewood continues to be transported across the state, these infestations will rapidly spread.
Help slow the spread and obey the Firewood Regulations:
- Do not transport any untreated* firewood to state lands, campgrounds or parks -- only bring heat treated firewood or buy firewood at the campground.
- It is illegal to bring untreated firewood into New York State.
- It is illegal to transport untreated firewood more than 50 miles from its source.
- When transporting untreated firewood within 50 miles of its source, you must carry proof of source (such as a receipt or self-issued certificate of source**) or you may be subject to a fine.
- Please be aware that certain states and counties/areas within New York State have quarantines that further restrict the movement of firewood: Emerald ash borer quarantines, Asian longhorned beetle quarantines.
For more information about firewood visit www.dec.ny.gov/animals/28722.html or call NYDEC firewood hotline toll free 1-866-640-0652.
Firewood Source Area Maps showing a 50 mile distance from DEC campgrounds are available. These maps can also be found at each DEC campground's information page.
New York State Parks Firewood Source Area Maps showing a 50 mile distance from New York State Parks campgrounds are available. These maps can be found on each campground page under Maps.
* To be considered treated, firewood must be heat-treated (kiln-dried) to a minimum core temperature of 71 degrees Celsius (165 degrees F) for 75 minutes, and must be labeled as such. Firewood that meets these standards can be moved into the state and around the state without restriction.
** The self-issued certificate of source is required for those who are transporting firewood that they did not purchase, such as from their own property to a campground.
- See more at: http://nysparks.com/camping/#firewood