Two Chimfex chimney fire extinguishers have been placed in the main lodge.
They are mounted on the wall in the main room left of the kitchen door and in the basement near the pellet heater.
Indications of a chimney fire have been described as creating: a lot of dense smoke, and an intense, hot smell
Chimney fires can burn explosively – noisy and dramatic enough to be detected by neighbors or people passing by. Flames or dense smoke may shoot from the top of the chimney. Homeowners report being startled by a low rumbling sound that reminds them of a freight train or a low flying airplane. However, those are only the chimney fires you know about.
Please take a moment to watch the short video on how to use the extinguisher.
Remember, if there is a fire immediately call 9-1-1 and evacuate the building. Only try to extinguish a fire if you can do so safely.